Monday 20 May 2019

The Rat Race Winner


Racing ahead; 
ahead of all others 
Reaching heights 
I am sure to surpass everyone 

I want to outpace you 
I want to destroy you 
I am out on a quest to win 
And I am determined to reach the top 

Life has taught me to lie 
To cheat and digest things I knew I didn't want to see 
I have learnt to sacrifice 
My family, my child, 
My love; is but a sacrificial symbol 

I am willing to give it all up 
Just to taste that fashionable goblet of success once 
I now know I can run wild with victory 

You are too soft for this battle 
You don't know how to let go of emotions 
What are they? 
A mere obstacle in your way 
I learnt to do away with them when I was young 

I am the winner of this race.


2 comments:

  1. Truth. And the saddest part is that we have to continue with the race even after realizing the truth.

    ReplyDelete