Wednesday 20 May 2015

Marriage and Women



Why does a woman need a man? I mean - a man - to live with - day in, day out?  

Don’t get me wrong, I am not against marriage. I am a married woman with a 5 year old daughter, and I won’t say I am a very unhappy woman. 

But I know for sure, marriage is not meant for all women. There are some who like independence and space. 
Men can still retain their old friends, relatives, their home, their room, their name, their health - while being married.

But women have to compromise on all these aspects. Some less, some more - depending on the generosity of in-laws and husband… After all, husband's family has to be the priority after you become the ‘Mrs.’ 



Some women don’t wish to live that way. I wonder what gives people right to judge them!

In fact, Bharat's Vedic system has scope for women who wish to spend their lives alone and follow another path, but the problem is that we have forgotten our values and teachings of our sages and seers. If only the Vedic system could we revived, the people in our country would see women and feminine power in a very different and objective manner.

Contrary to what mainstream media would like us to believe, I feel most Indian men are very open to the idea of gender equality and are very rational when it comes to these matters. 

I say, to each to her own. And no (wo)men has the right to judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment